My Equa

May 06, 2014

So the other day I got talking to a friend of mine who recently became a mom for the first time. I noticed the cute water bottle in her purse (it was a plastic one with zebras on it. Pretty awesome if you ask me^^) and complimented her on it. She then told me about how difficult it was to find a juice bottle for her little one which didn't contain BPA. I hadn't heard of it before so I was pretty shocked when she told me about the nasty effects BPA can have on the body of kids and young adults and that it can be found in pretty much nearly every plastic product.



So last weekend I found a little time to look into this topic and wasn't impressed with what I read.

Here's a short excerpt about what BPA actually is and does:

Bisphenol A (otherwise called BPA) is a dangerous chemical found widely in consumer products especially in single-use water bottles. BPA hardens plastic and diffuses into the liquid content. It can cause changes that result in breast cancer, allergies and hormonal disorders.

Doesn't sound so good now, does it. Anyways I realise that we can't completely cut out plastic from our daily life, but personally I've decided to make at least a small change and get my daily dose of water from this cute glass bottle from My Equa from here on out. The bottle itself was not expensive at all,  it's absolutely leakproof and I feel pretty awesome toting it around in my handbag all day. :)

Have your heard about BPA before? Does it bother you?











Follow Wonderful and Marvelous on Bloglovin' , Twitter & Instagram

2 lovely comments:

  1. Jesus, thanks for letting us know! I had absolutely no idea! I'm going to have to try and find an alternative but not looking forward tot trying to carry around a replacement for my 2 litre bottle that at the moment I just can't live without! xxx
    La Lingua : Food, Life, Love, Travel, Friends, Italy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is crazy how bad that is for you and then almost nobody saying anything about it! I have heard this before and make sure to buy bottles without it since!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all and they never fail to make my day!! <3