DIY: Succulent and Cacti Planter

May 08, 2014

Recently I've been really into gardening! I know, when I say gardening the first things that comes to mind are pictures of Bree van de Camp or probably your granny, but I can't help it. I think it's a lot of fun and I've come to find out that it also relaxes me!
While I'm pretty good at keeping plants, herbs and veggies alive in my backyard, I'm such a lost cause when it comes to prolonging the life of the plants that are actually inside the apartment.
So when I stumbled upon this awesome DIY I thought it would be fun to try. Apparently you can't kill succulents and cacti (we'll see about that^^) so this planter sounded like a pretty awesome alternative. DIY-wise I'd say it's been a success! I bought the plants and the glass vase for an absolute steal and this whole thing was put together in less than 15 minutes.

So if you want to make one of these yourself grab a piece of paper and a pen. Here's what you'll need:
    - a wide shallow vase
    - pretty rocks
    - a bit of soil
    - pretty succulents and cacti
    - a small shovel


First, add some rocks to the bottom of the vase. Not only do they look pretty, they'll also help with drainage when you water the plants. (Apparently you'll only have to water these once a month!)
    Second, add the soil and then place your plants into the vase in whichever way you like.   
    As a last step top it all off with the rocks you've left. Just because they are prettier than the dark
    soil. Tadaaaa, done! As promised, quick and easy! :)


    Let me know if you'll actually try this. I'd love to see your planters. 


Follow Wonderful and Marvelous on Bloglovin' , Twitter & Instagram

8 lovely comments:

  1. I love gardening, but don't really have the time/patience to keep a flourishing backyard filled with flowers and veggies. This is the perfect solution! I love the look of succulents and cacti, and plan on filling my home with them as soon as possible. Thanks for the idea! xx

    The What's In Between

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! it's so simple but the layering and colors give it so much personality.

    from – The Lion's Den

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine. I thought so too! The more colorful, the better! :)

      Delete
  3. I am obsessed with succulents, living in Arizona this is a great thing!
    Saguaros & Stilettos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! It looks so beautiful!
    Love it ^^
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo pretty! I love the pops of color. I really gotta try this out.

    ❤ Gita @ www.mimiandchichi.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! The mini cacti are adorable.

    xx Ella
    www.ellaetcetera.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all and they never fail to make my day!! <3