Christmas in Austria

December 17, 2013

I'm pretty sure we all know the quote 'the grass is always greener on the other side' and especially these days, when travelling has become easier and more affordable than ever, I find myself gravitating towards far away places like the US or the Caribbean, all the while forgetting how absolutely beautiful my own country can be.
However on Saturday I decided to kidnap my friend S to Gmunden, to visit the Christmas market there. It's well known for their cute crib which is situated smack in the middle between the two castles, right on the lake! While we were strolling along the lake and also already en route to Gmunden I couldn't help but notice how absolutely stunning the landscape in this part of Austria is. The best of it, this place is only 40 minutes away from home and as of last weekend my love for the mountains is back in full force. It's time to get my hiking boots on! :)


The stunning Schlosshotel Orth


Traditional handmade Christmas decorations




The beautiful Traunsee - the water is so clear, you can see all the way to the bottom of the lake







Follow Wonderful and Marvelous on Bloglovin' , Twitter & Instagram

10 lovely comments:

  1. The crib on the lake is absolutely stunning and something I would like to actually see sometime (added to my must-visit places list!) The wooden tree decoration reminds me of the one we brought back from Bethlehem several years ago!
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely come and take a look for yourself. It's so much more stunning than these pictures could convey

      Delete
  2. wow - looks incredible. I'd love to visit there some day!

    www.thecasualclassic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, das schlosshotel orth! als ich klein war habe ich die serie geliebt! :) xo j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a beautiful place! I have to go there someday! :)

    Feel free to visit my blog as well! You will find topics such as NYC fashion, beauty, health, personal growth and motivation between others! <3

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com
    New Outfit Post: A Colorful Cold Day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo beautiful!! I love Austria!
    www.victoriametaxas.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pics!!! I was there so many times... that I really would not be excited about going again :D But it is really pretty.
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous pictures... it makes me want to visit. Your newest followers, xxd&m

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all and they never fail to make my day!! <3